Day 1 - 9 Jul 2021
Content: Luxembourg station is the main railway station in the city of Luxembourg and is the heart of the Luxembourg rail network . It is located two kilometers south of the city center (or Ville-Haute ), south of the Pétrusse river ; it gives its name to one of the city's districts. It is operated by the Luxembourg National Railway Company (CFL). Public transport is free.
Content: The Pont Adolphe, also called Pont Neuf, was built between 1900 and 1903, under the reign of Grand Duke Adolphe. Since it was the largest stone arch bridge ever built, its construction aroused great interest even abroad. The large double arch, whose span measures 85 m, overlooks the Pétrusse valley to a height of 42 m. The total length of the bridge is 153 m.
Content: The gorge-like valley "Vallée de la Pétrusse" lies between the center of Luxembourg City and the station district and extends over a length of 1,750 m and a width of 50 to 150 m in an east-west direction. The valley gets its name from the Pétruss stream. This currently flows through the valley in a concrete shell. The Vallée de la Pétrusse is of particular importance in many respects due to its exposed location, its historical and garden-historical importance, its biotope-networking functions and the high pressure of use by the urban population and tourists. In order to meet the resulting diverse requirements for a forward-looking park design, the city of Luxembourg is planning a comprehensive revitalization of the entire valley: A park is to be created that combines the concerns of nature conservation, monument protection and the concerns of leisure and local recreation use provides a sustainable framework.
Content: The Monument of Remembrance , commonly known as Gëlle Fra ( woman in gold , or golden woman in Luxembourgish ), is a monument located in the city of Luxembourg , dedicated to the memory of the Luxembourg soldiers who fell during the battles of the two World Wars and the war of Korea
Content: Complex comprising courtrooms and law firms in modern Baroque-style buildings with terraces.
Content: The Saint-Michel church is one of the oldest places of worship in the city. In 987, on the site of the current Saint-Michel church, Count Sigefroi erected a small chapel. Over the centuries, the church was repeatedly destroyed and rebuilt, modified and enlarged. The present appearance of the church corresponds to the one it received in 1688. Due to its turbulent history, the building, which was restored in the 1960s and 1980s, today brings together elements of Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque architecture.
Content: The Corniche, also called “the most beautiful balcony in Europe” (according to the Luxembourg writer Batty Weber), extends over the ramparts erected in the 17th century by the Spaniards and the French. While skirting the Alzette valley, the path leads from the Bock rock to the lower part of the Citadel of the Holy Spirit known as the washers. Until 1870, some steep slopes of the Corniche were still provided with stairs; it was only after the dismantling that they were leveled. A large part of the battlements lined with crenellations also had to give way, offering a superb view of the Alzette valley, the lower town of Grund and the Plateau du Rham.
Content: Bronze sculpture showing a music band - an accordeon player, man with horn, a man with drum and a man with a tuba - with sheep, the sculpture also includes two children under an umbrella.
Day 1 - 9 Jul 2021
Content: The Musée Dräi Eechelen ( German Museum Drei Acorns , M3E for short ), until the summer of 2007 officially Musée de la forteresse de la ville de Luxembourg ( Luxembourgish Festungsmusée , German Festungsmuseum ) is a museum of the City of Luxembourg , which is in a restored and partly rebuilt part of Fort Thüngen . The self-description forteresse, histoire, identités ( German fortress, history, identities) indicates the thematic orientation of the museum. The Musée Dräi Eechelen was officially inaugurated on July 13, 2012, more than 15 years after the first law to build a Luxembourg fortress museum was passed by the government.
Content: The new glass elevator connects the "Pescatore" park located in the city centre to the Pfaffenthal area at the bottom of the Alzette valley. The ride in the glass elevator features sweeping views (71m high) for pedestrians and cyclists alike. Using the elevator is free of charge. The elevator is running every day from 5.45 in the morning until 1 o' clock at night. Every first monday of the month, the elevator is out of order due to maintenance (from 9.00 am till 5.45 am the following day) .
Day 1 - 9 Jul 2021
Content: The elegant facade of the Philharmonie (Salle de Concerts Grande-Duchesse Joséphine-Charlotte), built according to plans by the French architect Christian de Portzamparc, characterizes the image of the Place de l'Europe. The slender columns form the framework for three concert halls that can accommodate 120 to 1,500 people. The concert program includes a wide range of classical and contemporary repertoire as well as jazz, world music and concerts for children and young people. The house also serves as the residence of the Orchester Philharmonique du Luxembourg.